Hillel Baldwin, MD
Dr. Hillel Z. Baldwin, a Board Certified Neurological surgeon since 1996, practices at the Carondelet Neurological Institute (CNI) of St. Joseph’s Hospital. He has been a practicing surgeon partner at Western Neurosurgery, Ltd. in Tucson, Arizona since 1992.
During his career, Dr. Baldwin has served as Chief of Neurosurgery at Tucson Medical Center, Northwest Medical Center and El Dorado Hospital in Tucson.
Dr. Baldwin presently performs a wide array of adult neurosurgical procedures with subspecialty expertise in Minimally Invasive Brain and Spinal surgery, Complex Skull Base surgery, and minimally invasive pituitary surgery. He specializes in lateral access, minimally invasive spine surgery and has the greatest clinical experience in this technique in the state of Arizona. Additionally, he is certified in the Transcorp minimally invasive cervical spine technique and has the greatest clinical experience with this procedure in Arizona. His expertise also extends to prosthetic disc placement in the cervical and lumbar spine. He employs the cutting edge robotic and navigation technologies available at the CNI in a great majority of his surgeries.
Dr. Baldwin co-founded the annual Cindy Wool Seminar in Humanism and Medicine in Tucson and remains active in pursuit of educating physicians in enhancing the doctor patient relationship. He is fluent in Spanish and Hebrew. He enjoys cycling, backcountry skiing, and the pursuit of guitar music.
Areas of Specialization
- Lateral access spine surgery
- Transcorp minimally invasive cervical spine technique
- Pituitary and other brain tumors
- Transthoracic surgery
- Mobi-c prosthetic cervical disc
- Activ-L prosthetic disc placement
- Minimally invasive spinal fusion and Sacroiliac joint fusion
Education & Training
- Medical school: M.D. University of Louisville School of Medicine
- Internship: Phoenix Integrated Surgery Residency Program, General Surgery and Critical Care
- Residency: Barrow Neurological Institute
- Fellowship: University of Cincinnati, Complex Skull Base Surgery
- Fellow, American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Past president, Arizona Neurosurgical Society from 2010-2012
- Member, Congress of State Neurosurgical Societies
- Member, Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Member, Western Neurosurgical Society
- Member, Society of Lateral Access Surgeons
Dr. Baldwin’s Physician Assistant: April Hanna, PA-C
Dr. Hillel Baldwin of Western Neuro Surgery discusses LDR Mobi-C, Cervical Disc Disease, and their SurgCenter Tucson.
In addition to our main clinic location, Dr. Baldwin practices at our Northwest satellite clinic:
7520 N Oracle Rd, Suite 200,
Tucson, AZ 85704.
Please call 520-881-8400 to schedule an appointment.